Wednesday 18 November 2009

Continuity Piece - Filming

After completing my storyboard in the next session I was able to film.

There were five of us made up of different groups this was so that we could all help each other out when it came to their turn to film. I needed a setting which was a basic classroom type location all I needed was a door, table and chairs. After having access to a empty classroom, I set the tripod up and got the camera ready for action it wasn't very busy at the time of filming so I had no problem getting the shot of person A (Lee) walking through the door without interruption of any passer by's. After a few rehearsal shots so I could learn how to move the camera, in a smooth angle I recorded the shots. It was good working with other people because we could help each other with where to get the camera how to get a better shot and keeping an eye on what hand was used to open the door so they it all matched etc.

The basic synopses of the continuity piece was someone walks into a room sits and has a conversation with his friend, in the storyboard it was a handshake however on day of filming it was changed to Lee passing Beth something over the table to get the match on action required, they then leave heading for Starbucks.

It was good practice using the camera because when it comes to filming my main project I will not be so inexperienced and won't be making the actors wait for me. For the main project I will need to write a script as for this piece I let the characters just have a random conversation.

1 comment:

  1. this is a good analysis of what happened Tasha, and i hope you carry the lessons learned into the next part of the project

    ReplyDelete