Friday 13 November 2009

Tools for Analysis

When doing my textual analysis on the opening scenes of my chosen genre, I need the essential items to make notes and then be able to write up my analysis afterwards:

  • The films either on DVD or recorded from TV - this is the most important as without it I would have nothing to watch to analise
  • Pen and Paper to make notes and when I watched to opening scenes again to make extra notes
  • Computer - this was needed to write my draft onto a word processor then copy up onto my blog

These are the basics tools needed when writing an analysis, when watching the opening scene I needed to be looking for

  • Camera Angles - how they were used, the effects, what they helped portray
  • Editing - was it invisible or made visible
  • Special effects
  • Sound - digetic or non- digetic, soundtrack
  • Representations - how are the characters being portrayed
  • Mise en scene
  • Verisimilitude
  • Movement
  • Pacing

And many other key features which I needed to pick up on when writing my textual analysis'.

No comments:

Post a Comment